Where there’s a Will there’s a way25 August 2023 - Sunrise Foundation
Gisborne born couple Rod Glengarry and Sue Leslie have recently finalised their Wills, leaving a portion of their estate to The Sunrise Foundation, where a scholarship fund will be established to assist young people wanting to attend tertiary education outside of Gisborne.
“We hope this fund will make a big difference in students’ lives, helping them realise their dreams and aspirations,” says Sue.
Sue has a background in education and currently works with several local schools, mainly at secondary level.
“We don’t have kids of our own and I’m in education which is what initiated the idea of a scholarship fund with Sunrise. We love the idea that it will go on helping kids year after year,” says Sue.
“It might break a cycle in a family, perhaps sending the first person from a family to University who wouldn’t have been able to attend otherwise,” says Rod.
After years living in Auckland, and then London, the couple returned to Gisborne in 2020 to the family home that Rod’s architect father Monty had designed and built in 1959. The home has remained in the family since.
As an architect himself, Rod says, “The renovation is certainly a labour of love. At our time of life, we’re restoring it thinking that someone else is going to be living here. We’d like to think the house will be passed on to someone who will appreciate the style and its original features.”
Glenda Stokes, Sunrise executive officer says, “Rod and Sue’s generous bequest will be an immense legacy for future generations.”
If you are considering leaving a gift to a charity or organisation in your Will, Sunrise can help. Our smarter giving model invests and protects your gift, so it grows to become an ongoing source of funding, where you can decide how it will be used.
Click here to see more info for giving in your Will.
- Summer 2023Summer-2023.pdf - (551 KB)
- Spring 2023Spring-2023.pdf - (515 KB)
- Winter 2023Winter-2023.pdf - (541 KB)
- Autumn 2023Autumn-2023.pdf - (549 KB)
- Summer 2022Summer-2022.pdf - (560 KB)
- SPRING 2022SPRING-2022.pdf - (451 KB)
- Winter 2022Winter-2022.pdf - (1 MB)
- Autumn 2022Autumn-2022.pdf - (460 KB)
- Summer 2021Summer-2021.pdf - (553 KB)
- Spring 2021Spring-2021.pdf - (1.1 MB)
- Winter 2021Winter-2021.pdf - (606 KB)
- Autumn 2021Autumn-2021.pdf - (568 KB)
- Summer 2020Summer-2020.pdf - (584 KB)
- Spring 2020Spring-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Winter 2020Winter-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Autumn 2020Autumn-2020.pdf - (478 KB)
- Summer 2019Summer-2019.pdf - (1.4 MB)
- Spring 2019Spring-2019.pdf - (493 KB)
- Winter 2019Winter-2019.pdf - (436 KB)
- Autumn 2019Autumn-2019.pdf - (943 KB)
- Summer 2018Summer-2018.pdf - (408 KB)
- Spring 2018Spring-2018.pdf - (349 KB)
- Winter 2018Winter-2018.pdf - (277 KB)
- Autumn 2018Autumn-2018.pdf - (303 KB)
- Summer 2017Summer-2017.pdf - (276 KB)
- Winter 2017Winter-2017.pdf - (1.2 MB)
- Autumn 2017Autumn-2017.pdf - (413 KB)