Tairāwhiti’s diamond in disguise17 November 2023 - Sunrise Foundation
The East Coast Museum of Technology (ECMoT) is home to fifteen acres of exhibits that highlight 20th Century life on the East Coast. Their endowment fund with Sunrise was seeded in 2019 to ensure a guaranteed source of funding now, and forever.
“ECMoT is a true nostalgic diamond in disguise, a perfectly imperfect museum that brings stories from past to present life for people to share and enjoy,” says Harrison Hill, committee and ECMoT membership president.
“We have a vast collection of history, not just from Tairāwhiti, but wider New Zealand on display, including some unique exhibits that not even MOTAT has.”
ECMoT was established in 1969 and over its 50-year lifespan the 100 percent volunteer run organisation has created a collection to rival that of its bigger and more well-known counterparts in Aotearoa New Zealand.
“By donating to the ECMoT Endowment Fund, you become a partner in safeguarding our regions cultural heritage,” says Glenda Stokes, Sunrise executive officer.
ECMoT is one of 50 local charities or organisations to have a special interest fund with Sunrise, all established in response to requests from donors. With funds including health, education, sport, environment, community/social services, animal welfare and arts sectors, there really is a Sunrise cause close to everyone’s heart.
- Summer 2023Summer-2023.pdf - (551 KB)
- Spring 2023Spring-2023.pdf - (515 KB)
- Winter 2023Winter-2023.pdf - (541 KB)
- Autumn 2023Autumn-2023.pdf - (549 KB)
- Summer 2022Summer-2022.pdf - (560 KB)
- SPRING 2022SPRING-2022.pdf - (451 KB)
- Winter 2022Winter-2022.pdf - (1 MB)
- Autumn 2022Autumn-2022.pdf - (460 KB)
- Summer 2021Summer-2021.pdf - (553 KB)
- Spring 2021Spring-2021.pdf - (1.1 MB)
- Winter 2021Winter-2021.pdf - (606 KB)
- Autumn 2021Autumn-2021.pdf - (568 KB)
- Summer 2020Summer-2020.pdf - (584 KB)
- Spring 2020Spring-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Winter 2020Winter-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Autumn 2020Autumn-2020.pdf - (478 KB)
- Summer 2019Summer-2019.pdf - (1.4 MB)
- Spring 2019Spring-2019.pdf - (493 KB)
- Winter 2019Winter-2019.pdf - (436 KB)
- Autumn 2019Autumn-2019.pdf - (943 KB)
- Summer 2018Summer-2018.pdf - (408 KB)
- Spring 2018Spring-2018.pdf - (349 KB)
- Winter 2018Winter-2018.pdf - (277 KB)
- Autumn 2018Autumn-2018.pdf - (303 KB)
- Summer 2017Summer-2017.pdf - (276 KB)
- Winter 2017Winter-2017.pdf - (1.2 MB)
- Autumn 2017Autumn-2017.pdf - (413 KB)