St Mary’s Fund for students in need19 November 2022 - Sunrise Foundation
St Mary’s joins five other local schools that have endowment funds with Sunrise; Campion College, Gisborne Boys High School, Gisborne Intermediate School, Makaraka School and Wainui Beach School.
Helen McGuigan, St Mary’s principal, says the school is delighted the fund has been established and would like to acknowledge the wonderful generosity of the parishioners responsible.
“The fund gives us the flexibility of options in the future. We can accept the grant from it each year, or instead choose to reinvest and grow the fund further.”
Helen says it’ll be exciting in the future if former students, staff, or extended family members support the fund with a donation or leave a legacy towards it.
The spokesperson for the donor group says, “The gift is intended to help those children in greatest need, supporting children from families who are struggling financially to participate fully in the life of the school.”
“It can be used to support children in spiritual, academic, cultural or sporting activities of school life, with the school selecting who will benefit each year.”
St Mary’s is a state-integrated Catholic school of approximately 220 students. St. Mary’s School wants all its students to reach their full potential by becoming confident and capable learners who share the love of Jesus.
All donations to the St Mary’s Catholic Primary School Endowment Fund will be invested, protected, and grown to keep up with inflation. The surplus investment income will be returned to St Mary’s every year forever. If you would like to support the new fund, please visit the ‘Donate Now’ page on our website.
- Autumn 2023Autumn-2023.pdf - (549 KB)
- Summer 2022Summer-2022.pdf - (560 KB)
- SPRING 2022SPRING-2022.pdf - (451 KB)
- Winter 2022Winter-2022.pdf - (1 MB)
- Autumn 2022Autumn-2022.pdf - (460 KB)
- Summer 2021Summer-2021.pdf - (553 KB)
- Spring 2021Spring-2021.pdf - (1.1 MB)
- Winter 2021Winter-2021.pdf - (606 KB)
- Autumn 2021Autumn-2021.pdf - (568 KB)
- Summer 2020Summer-2020.pdf - (584 KB)
- Spring 2020Spring-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Winter 2020Winter-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Autumn 2020Autumn-2020.pdf - (478 KB)
- Summer 2019Summer-2019.pdf - (1.4 MB)
- Spring 2019Spring-2019.pdf - (493 KB)
- Winter 2019Winter-2019.pdf - (436 KB)
- Autumn 2019Autumn-2019.pdf - (943 KB)
- Summer 2018Summer-2018.pdf - (408 KB)
- Spring 2018Spring-2018.pdf - (349 KB)
- Winter 2018Winter-2018.pdf - (277 KB)
- Autumn 2018Autumn-2018.pdf - (303 KB)
- Summer 2017Summer-2017.pdf - (276 KB)
- Winter 2017Winter-2017.pdf - (1.2 MB)
- Autumn 2017Autumn-2017.pdf - (413 KB)