Commitment from Trust Tairāwhiti for future funding25 February 2023 - The Sunrise Foundation
It’s been a fabulous start to 2023 at Sunrise after we received a commitment from Trust Tairāwhiti for continued funding next year and another two years conditionally after that.
Until we can grow endowments at Sunrise to a level where we are self-sufficient, we are reliant on funders and sponsors, so we’re enormously grateful for Trust Tairāwhiti’s ongoing support.
“Funding is a huge challenge for all charities and can be incredibly time consuming. Knowing we have the backing of Trust Tairāwhiti over these early years means we can now focus on what’s most important and what we love doing; growing endowments and granting to our community,” says Glenda Stokes, Sunrise executive officer.
Trust Tairāwhiti’s continued support will have enormous benefits for our region in the long term as we continue to grow our endowment with a focus on perpetuity. As our endowment fund grows, so too does our ability to grant to our community.
Audine Grace-Kutia, Trust Tairāwhiti General Manager Communities, says, “Trust Tairāwhiti is pleased to support The Sunrise Foundation with this latest grant of $120,000 towards operations and to achieve future sustainability with their endowment fund. We look forward to seeing how they continue to support the diverse communities of Tairāwhiti.”
The Sunrise Foundation is one of 17 not-for-profit community foundations throughout New Zealand. All money gifted to Sunrise is invested in perpetuity, so it can grow and earn interest that becomes a reliable, long-term funding stream for local causes.
Since our inception in 2014, Sunrise has granted almost $1 million to 121 different worthy causes throughout Tairāwhiti and we’re excited about what the future holds.
“Sunrise is not just about the here and now. It’s about building a better, stronger Tairāwhiti for future generations to enjoy,” says Glenda.
Thank you, Trust Tairāwhiti, for believing in our kaupapa and supporting us as we work towards becoming self-sustaining.
- Summer 2023Summer-2023.pdf - (551 KB)
- Spring 2023Spring-2023.pdf - (515 KB)
- Winter 2023Winter-2023.pdf - (541 KB)
- Autumn 2023Autumn-2023.pdf - (549 KB)
- Summer 2022Summer-2022.pdf - (560 KB)
- SPRING 2022SPRING-2022.pdf - (451 KB)
- Winter 2022Winter-2022.pdf - (1 MB)
- Autumn 2022Autumn-2022.pdf - (460 KB)
- Summer 2021Summer-2021.pdf - (553 KB)
- Spring 2021Spring-2021.pdf - (1.1 MB)
- Winter 2021Winter-2021.pdf - (606 KB)
- Autumn 2021Autumn-2021.pdf - (568 KB)
- Summer 2020Summer-2020.pdf - (584 KB)
- Spring 2020Spring-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Winter 2020Winter-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Autumn 2020Autumn-2020.pdf - (478 KB)
- Summer 2019Summer-2019.pdf - (1.4 MB)
- Spring 2019Spring-2019.pdf - (493 KB)
- Winter 2019Winter-2019.pdf - (436 KB)
- Autumn 2019Autumn-2019.pdf - (943 KB)
- Summer 2018Summer-2018.pdf - (408 KB)
- Spring 2018Spring-2018.pdf - (349 KB)
- Winter 2018Winter-2018.pdf - (277 KB)
- Autumn 2018Autumn-2018.pdf - (303 KB)
- Summer 2017Summer-2017.pdf - (276 KB)
- Winter 2017Winter-2017.pdf - (1.2 MB)
- Autumn 2017Autumn-2017.pdf - (413 KB)