Chelsea Hospital launches new fund25 February 2023 - The Sunrise Foundation
We’re excited to launch an endowment fund for Chelsea Hospital, Gisborne’s only private healthcare facility, where staff strive to deliver high-quality surgical services.
Chelsea was established in 1927 and then set up as a Charitable Trust in 1959, hence it is owned by the people of Gisborne and needs their support.
Vicki Briant, hospital manager, says having a grant every year from the fund will ensure they can continue providing patients with the level of care they should expect at a private hospital.
Vicki says the security of an annual grant will help alleviate some of the financial pressure and enable them to keep up with technological advancements.
“Knowing how much the grant will be each year means we can work it into our budget. Next year we may decide to replace the ECG machine, and then perhaps the following year we may decide to replace Ward monitors.
“It’s not about having the latest of everything; it’s about having good quality equipment that we can regularly renew.”
Michael Muir who has been a Chelsea Hospital trustee since 1980, says “Chelsea plays an integral role in the sustainability of health services in our region and increases the ability of the public sector to attract and maintain medical professionals.”
With the public health system struggling to support the growing need for ever-increasing health expenditure, Michael and his wife Anne hope the public actively supports the endowment fund and acknowledges what an important facility Chelsea Hospital is for our region.
All donations to the Chelsea Hospital Endowment Fund will be invested, protected, and grown to keep up with inflation. The surplus investment income will be returned to Chelsea Hospital every year forever.
Click here if you would like to actively support this fund with a donation.
Click here to read more about the Chelsea Hospital Endowment Fund.
- Autumn 2023Autumn-2023.pdf - (549 KB)
- Summer 2022Summer-2022.pdf - (560 KB)
- SPRING 2022SPRING-2022.pdf - (451 KB)
- Winter 2022Winter-2022.pdf - (1 MB)
- Autumn 2022Autumn-2022.pdf - (460 KB)
- Summer 2021Summer-2021.pdf - (553 KB)
- Spring 2021Spring-2021.pdf - (1.1 MB)
- Winter 2021Winter-2021.pdf - (606 KB)
- Autumn 2021Autumn-2021.pdf - (568 KB)
- Summer 2020Summer-2020.pdf - (584 KB)
- Spring 2020Spring-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Winter 2020Winter-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Autumn 2020Autumn-2020.pdf - (478 KB)
- Summer 2019Summer-2019.pdf - (1.4 MB)
- Spring 2019Spring-2019.pdf - (493 KB)
- Winter 2019Winter-2019.pdf - (436 KB)
- Autumn 2019Autumn-2019.pdf - (943 KB)
- Summer 2018Summer-2018.pdf - (408 KB)
- Spring 2018Spring-2018.pdf - (349 KB)
- Winter 2018Winter-2018.pdf - (277 KB)
- Autumn 2018Autumn-2018.pdf - (303 KB)
- Summer 2017Summer-2017.pdf - (276 KB)
- Winter 2017Winter-2017.pdf - (1.2 MB)
- Autumn 2017Autumn-2017.pdf - (413 KB)