A warm welcome to our newest voluntary trustees17 November 2023 - Sunrise Foundation
We are delighted to welcome two new volunteer trustees to our Sunrise board – Mike Torrie, BDO Managing Partner, and Leslynne Jackson, Manaaki Tairāwhiti Project Manager. Both Mike and Leslynnne have significant governance experience and are passionate about the well-being of our region.
For many years Leslynne has been a key member of our Sunrise grants committee, sharing her in-depth awareness and understanding of Tairāwhiti. Of Ngati Porou and Te Aitanga Mahaki descent, Leslynne says she values the role that Sunrise plays in sustaining vital work in the community.
“As trustees our role is to understand what our community values, and support the people, places and groups in our community that keep our cultural, environmental, sporting, social and support networks strong,” says Leslynne.
Mike has been a long time Sunrise donor and says volunteering his finance and governance skills as a trustee is just one way he can ‘give back.’
“It’s human nature to want to play your part in the community, and offering my governance skills is one way I can do that,” says Mike.
Mike and Leslynne take the place of founding trustees John Clarke and Colin Christie who have both retired after nine years of dedicated service. As part of John’s tenure, he held the role of Sunrise chair before being succeeded last year by Rob Dymock.
- Summer 2023Summer-2023.pdf - (551 KB)
- Spring 2023Spring-2023.pdf - (515 KB)
- Winter 2023Winter-2023.pdf - (541 KB)
- Autumn 2023Autumn-2023.pdf - (549 KB)
- Summer 2022Summer-2022.pdf - (560 KB)
- SPRING 2022SPRING-2022.pdf - (451 KB)
- Winter 2022Winter-2022.pdf - (1 MB)
- Autumn 2022Autumn-2022.pdf - (460 KB)
- Summer 2021Summer-2021.pdf - (553 KB)
- Spring 2021Spring-2021.pdf - (1.1 MB)
- Winter 2021Winter-2021.pdf - (606 KB)
- Autumn 2021Autumn-2021.pdf - (568 KB)
- Summer 2020Summer-2020.pdf - (584 KB)
- Spring 2020Spring-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Winter 2020Winter-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Autumn 2020Autumn-2020.pdf - (478 KB)
- Summer 2019Summer-2019.pdf - (1.4 MB)
- Spring 2019Spring-2019.pdf - (493 KB)
- Winter 2019Winter-2019.pdf - (436 KB)
- Autumn 2019Autumn-2019.pdf - (943 KB)
- Summer 2018Summer-2018.pdf - (408 KB)
- Spring 2018Spring-2018.pdf - (349 KB)
- Winter 2018Winter-2018.pdf - (277 KB)
- Autumn 2018Autumn-2018.pdf - (303 KB)
- Summer 2017Summer-2017.pdf - (276 KB)
- Winter 2017Winter-2017.pdf - (1.2 MB)
- Autumn 2017Autumn-2017.pdf - (413 KB)