Terms and Conditions for donations
Donations are non-refundable and no refunds will be issued.
The name that will appear on your statement will be The Sunrise Foundation, your account will be charged in New Zealand dollars (NZD).
The Sunrise Foundation is a New Zealand registered charitable trust (CC 50590) established to receive gifts and legacies in the form of endowments to be invested for the lasting benefit of community organisations and causes in the Gisborne District.
The Sunrise Foundation accepts donations by creditcard. There are no fees deducted from creditcard donations made to one of our endowment funds. In the case of pass through funds a creditcard fee of 3.4% may be deducted from your donation before the funds are transferred to the cause.
This is the website of The Sunrise Foundation.
Our postal address is
PO Box 1068, Gisborne, New Zealand 4040
Our physical address is
300 Childers Road, Gisborne, New Zealand 4010
You can contact us by email email@example.com or call us on +64 6 867 7939.
The Sunrise Foundation adheres to the following guidelines:
- Information about donations is handled with respect and confidentiality.
- Some supporters prefer anonymity. We will respect the wishes of supporters who prefer their gift to remain confidential.
- The personal information supporters provide when making a donation or registering for an event will be protected by The Sunrise Foundation, and not disclosed to third parties.
What information we collect
- The Sunrise Foundation collects and uses personal information from supporters including: addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, dates of birth, event attendance, relationships with other supporters, banking establishment and donation dates/amounts.
- Specific requests made by supporters are recorded; for example, requests to not be contacted via phone or to be excluded from certain mailings, as well as specific information provided by supporters, such as motivation for support, any correspondence with The Sunrise Foundation and highlights from interactions.
- Other ways of supporting The Sunrise Foundation will also be recorded, such as being a regular supporter (through automatic payment or payroll giving) or considering, intending or having already included a gift for The Sunrise Foundation in a Will.
- The relationship with The Sunrise Foundation is also specified, such as private individual, trust, organisation etc.
- The Sunrise Foundation may use and track non-personally identifiable information from our official website(s), such as usage and volume statistics, for research purposes in order to further develop our website(s).
How we collect the information
When donations, whether solicited or not, are made to The Sunrise Foundation the details provided by the supporters are recorded in our database, but supporters will be contacted only if they have opted to hear from The Sunrise Foundation.
Personal details of individuals/organisations who signed up for more information from The Sunrise Foundation through our website(s) are also added to our database.
Individuals attending presentations/events are given the opportunity to specify whether they would like their details added to our database.
How we use that information
The Sunrise Foundation collects or obtains personal information for the following purposes:
- To distribute receipts for donations;
- To thank supporters for their donation and send donor acknowledgement letters;
- To inform supporters about upcoming fundraising activities, funding rounds, events, presentations and other activities of The Sunrise Foundation;
- Internal analysis and record keeping;
- Direct communications including mailings and e-mails, to update on fundraising activities, ask for support with fundraising activities, funding rounds etc.
The Sunrise Foundation will use and disclose supporters' personal information only for these purposes or as otherwise authorised by the supporter or required by law.
Supporters have the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation. However, unless the supporter explicitly chooses to have their name associated with their donation, the default is that all donations are not to be publicly announced. If comments given to The Sunrise Foundation can either directly or indirectly identify the supporter, permission will be sought prior to use in any promotional materials.
How we store that information
All access to supporter information is strictly limited to professional staff responsible for processing and reporting on this data.
For online payments, The Sunrise Foundation uses an eWay responsive shared page. All cardholder information held electronically is managed for network security and protected from breach vulnerability by eWay New Zealand.
Access and Correction of Information
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have the right to access and request a correction to your personal information. To ensure that your recorded personal information is accurate and up-to-date, please notify us of any changes to your personal details as soon as possible through the following contact methods:
Phone: +64 6 867 7939
Or write to:
The Sunrise Foundation
PO Box 1068
Gisborne, New Zealand 4040